This Week in the Missouri Senate reviews a hearing held by the Senate Interim Committee on Natural Disaster Recovery, which was established in June and expects to have recommendations ready by Sept. 1, 2011.
August 28, 2011, is the effective date for many of the bills that were passed by the Legislature and signed into law by the governor. We review:
- Senate Bill 19, which will phase out corporate franchise tax;
- Senate Bill 113, which amends Proposition B;
- Senate Bill 54, which is the “Amy Hestir Student Protection Act;”
- Senate Bill 48, which modifies provisions relating to utilities; and
- House Bill 294, which makes changes to Missouri’s concealed weapons rules.
Also, a date is now set for the start of the First Extraordinary Session of the 96th General Assembly. Lawmakers will return to Jefferson City to begin the special session on Sept. 6, 2011.
This feature report is narrated by Senate Communications Officer Dean Morgan.
Click here to listen to the report.
You can download the following radio report in .mp3 format by visiting This Week in the Missouri Senate. The report also is available as a podcast. Right click on the “subscribe” button and choose “copy shortcut,” then paste that link into your podcast player.