This Week in the Missouri Senate reviews completion of Missouri’s Fiscal Year 2012 budget, and other priority legislation, including:
- House Bill 17, which appropriates money for capital improvements and other purposes (Audio: Sen. Kurt Schaefer, R-Columbia, and Sen. Timothy Green, D-Spanish Lake);
- House Bill 193, which contains a new congressional redistricting map for Missouri (Audio: Sen. Scott T. Rupp, R-Wentzville);
- House Bill 294, which would change laws regarding firearms and conceal-carry permits (Audio: Sen. Ryan McKenna, D-Crystal City);
- House Bill 282, an omnibus pension bill that would modify various provisions regarding some public employee retirement systems (Audio: Sen. Jason Crowell, R-Cape Girardeau); and
- House Bill 641, which would modify provisions relating to controlled substances (Audio: Sen. Jack Goodman, R-Mount Vernon, and Senate Minority Floor Leader Victor Callahan, D-Independence).
This feature report is narrated by Senate Communications Officer Dean Morgan.
Click here to listen to the report.
You can download the following radio report in .mp3 format by visiting This Week in the Missouri Senate. The report also is available as a podcast. Right click on the “subscribe” button and choose “copy shortcut,” then paste that link into your podcast player.