This Week in the Missouri Senate reviews actions taken on Missouri’s Fiscal Year 2012 budget, and other measures debated on the Senate floor, including:
- House Bill 2, which funds the State Board of Education and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (Audio: Sen. Kurt Schaefer, R-Columbia);
- House Bill 3, which appropriates money for the Department of Higher Education (Audio: Sen. Schaefer);
- House Bill 4, which funds the Missouri Department of Transportation (Audio: Sen. Robin Wright-Jones, D-St. Louis);
- A proposal to build a second nuclear power plant in Missouri (Audio: Sen. Ryan McKenna, D-Crystal City); and
- Senate Joint Resolution 12, which would, if approved by voters, increase term limits for members of the Missouri General Assembly from eight to 16 years in each chamber (Audio: Sen. Timothy P. Green, D-Spanish Lake).
This feature report is narrated by Senate Communications Officer Dean Morgan.
Click here to listen to the report.
You can download the following radio report in .mp3 format by visiting This Week in the Missouri Senate. The report also is available as a podcast. Right click on the “subscribe” button and choose “copy shortcut,” then paste that link into your podcast player.