This Week in the Missouri Senate reviews several bills that were debated by Missouri senators, including:
- House Bill 163, which would modify laws relating to unemployment (Audio: Sen. Jim Lembke, R-St. Louis);
- Senate Bill 390, which would authorize tax incentives to encourage foreign trade (Audio: Sen. Eric Schmitt, R-Glendale, and Sen. Robin Wright-Jones, D-St. Louis);
- Senate Bill 202, which would require authorization for certain labor unions to withhold fees from paychecks or make political contributions (Audio: Sen. Jason Crowell, R-Cape Girardeau, and Sen. Timothy Green, D-Spanish Lake);
- Senate Bill 394, which would modify human trafficking laws (Audio: Sen. Jack Goodman, R-Mount Vernon, and Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, D-University City); and
- Senate Bill 286, which would establish the Task Force on the Prevention of Sexual Abuse of Children (Audio: Sen. Ryan McKenna, D-Crystal City).
This feature report is narrated by Senate Communications Officer Dean Morgan.
Click here to listen to the report.
You can download the following radio report in .mp3 format by visiting This Week in the Missouri Senate. The report also is available as a podcast. Right click on the “subscribe” button and choose “copy shortcut,” then paste that link into your podcast player.